How We Test The Best Aussie Online Casinos
Where do I find the Best Australian Casinos? To the novice, this question can be hard to answer, but it's actually a lot simpler than you might think.
If you're looking for legal online casino games similar to your favourite pokies down at the club or pub and would like to know where you can play them safely and securely, you've come to the right place.
Our resident experts test each and every online casino featured on our site. In fact, everything about a casino is carefully scrutinised and tested by playing using real money, so you get a first-hand insight into the casino, its bonuses, games, payment processes and much more.
The most important considerations and criteria in deciding whether we list a site or not include:
- Welcome bonuses - We ensure you get the best sign up bonuses, with the fairest possible terms. Our bonuses section covers the types of deals you don't want to miss out on. We also root out and discard casinos with unfair bonus rules, wagering requirements and too many games you're not allowed to play.
- Fair and transparent rules - Our team painstakingly scrutinises casino terms and conditions to expose unfair clauses, including predatory and unscrupulous withdrawal procedures.
- Licensing - We never list online casinos that are unlicensed and thus unregulated in at least one recognised online gambling jurisdiction.
- Independent Testing And Auditing - We prioritise casinos that are independently tested and audited for fairness of their Random Number Generator (RNG) software.
- Game selection - Whether you're looking for Australian pokies, blackjack, craps, roulette, video poker or any other popular casino games, our recommended sites all offer the latest games from the world's best software developers. We don't list casinos that offer unknown or untested gaming software.
- Customer service - You don't want to seek help in the middle of the night from a casino's customer care only to get no response or assistance. This is why we only promote casinos with 24/7 service, reliable cash-out processing and reasonable turnaround times.
- Fresh promotions - We only endorse casinos with generous and ongoing promotions such as bonuses, giveaways, competitions, prizes and loyalty points.
- Big audited jackpots - Our recommended casinos feature jackpot slots from leading game vendors like Microgaming, Playtech and others, which are renowned for offering the biggest progressives that pay out in a lump sum, and which have been deemed to be fair by trusted independent third party auditing firms.
- Security - All casinos on this site adhere to the latest security standards and use the most up-to-date encryption software.
- Payment methods - We prioritise sites that accept Australian dollars and support the most popular and recognised banking methods that charge no or low fees, and have the fastest turnaround times when it comes to cashing out.
We are 100% committed to providing you with the most accurate, concise and impartial information needed to make your Australian online gambling experience a fun, exciting and hopefully fruitful one.
Our Most Popular Pages
Common Questions Answered
Are Online Casinos Legal in Australia?
Yes and no. Under the terms of Australia's Interactive Gambling Act 2001 (IGA) it is illegal for Australian-based gaming firms to offer online gambling services to citizens of Australia. However, there are no laws that prohibit Australians from playing at offshore-owned and operated gaming sites. Hence the term "Australian-friendly online casinos".
Are Australian-Friendly Online Casinos Safe?
Yes. The online casinos on this site are 100% safe, secure, trusted and reputable. They are all licensed and audited independently to ensure their pay-out percentages (return to player) are as fair as advertised. Plus they use the latest security and encryption software to ensure all player data and transactions are safe and protected around the clock.
Do Australian Casinos Accept Play in AU$
Yes. Recognizing Australia as one of the world's largest gambling markets, most leading online casinos encourage players from Australia to sign up by offering AU$ as one of their official currencies. This means you can make deposits, claim bonuses, play and cash-out in good old Australian dollars so you never have to convert other currencies.
Who Are the Best Australian Casino Game Providers?
Although there are dozens of casino game vendors in operation, the handful listed below supply most of the world's best online casinos, including those that welcome Australians. What they have in common is that their games boast superior playability, themes, graphics, animations, sounds, features, pay-outs and, where applicable, jackpots:
- 2By2 Games
- Realtime Gaming (RTG)
Can I Access Casinos on any Australian Mobile Network?
Yes. You can access online casinos on any of Australia's big three mobile networks - Optus, Vodafone and Telstra - via WiFi, 2G, 3G or 4G LTE. These are compatible with smart phones and devices that run a variety of operating systems like iOS (iPhones and iPads), Android (Samsung, Sony and Huawei), Blackberry and Windows (Microsoft).
How Do I Deposit / Cash Out at Australian Casinos?
Easily. All premier Australian online casinos offer a wide choice of deposit and withdrawal methods to facilitate convenient, quick and reliable payments. The most favoured payment methods amongst Australians are:
- Credit and debit cards such as MasterCard and Visa
- E-Wallets such as Neteller and Skrill
- Pre-paid cards such as paysafecard
- Bank transfers such as Citadel Instant Banking
- Instant Banking facilities such as UseMyBank
Are Online Casino Games Only For Real Money?
No. The majority of Aussie online casinos offer fun play games alongside their real money counterparts which are 100% free to play. They are identical in every way to real money games except one - they don't pay out. Fun play games are a good way for you to get a feel of a particular game and its features before you play it for real money.
How Do I Claim Casino Welcome Bonuses?
Easily. All you have to do to claim a casino welcome bonus is register for a new real money account and then go to the casino banking page. In the process of picking a payment option, you can choose to accept a bonus or not. Before claiming any casino bonus, however, we always recommend you first read and understand its terms and conditions.
What is a Casino Pay-out Percentage?
A casino pay-out percentage or RTP (return to player) is the percent of every dollar bet at a casino paid out as winnings. For example, an online casino advertising a pay-out percentage of 95% pays 95c of every dollar wagered back to players, while it keeps 5c for itself. This is an average so don't expect to win 95c back from every single dollar you play!
What If I Think I Or Someone I Know Have a Gambling Problem?
If you think you have a gambling problem, the first thing you should do is seek help at an Australian gambling support, information and counselling organization like Gambling Help Online or your respective state organizations below. Secondly, you should contact all of the online casinos you're registered with, and ask them to block you immediately.