In Australia, slot machines or 'pokies', as they are commonly referred to, are a big draw among gambling enthusiasts. Australia has a lot to do with pokies, both land-based as well as Aussie online casinos. The first slot machines made their way to Australia a century ago, in the early 1900s. In fact, the first modern slot machines or pokies were developed in Australia by a company called Aristocrat. Today, the online gambling industry has a large number of online pokies themed on the Australian way of life. The themes are varied - ocean life, adventure, wild life, gold mining, and more. Here are the online pokies with an Aussie theme that you should definitely try out.
Here is the a list of the games reviewed in this article:
There is nothing more Australian than Aussie Rules. This is the unique football game that has been the one of the major contributions of the continent to sport, among other games. The Aussie Rules slot from Rival Gaming is an Aussie-themed slot that brings this fantastic game to the online casino industry. This game has 5 reels and 15 adjustable paylines, loads of cool graphics and animations, free spins, and a cool bonus round.
- Number of coins per line: You can be a maximum of 5 coins per line.
- Coin size: The coin size ranges between 0.01 and 1.00.
- Maximum bet: The maximum bet per spin in Aussie Rules is 75.
- Wild: The wild symbol in this game is the umpire. The wild symbol replaces all other symbols except the scatter symbols. Landing 5 wild symbols consecutively across the reels triggers the top prize of 5,000 coins.
- Scatter: There are 2 scatter symbols in Aussie Rules:
- Water bottle: This scatter symbol triggers the free spins bonus.
- Aussie Rules ball: This scatter symbol triggers the bonus game.
- Other symbols: Other symbols in the game include a whistle, an Aussie Rules player, a pair of boots, a player's shirt, and the numbers 10, J, Q, K, and A.
- Free spins: The free spins round is triggered by landing 3, 4, or 5 water
bottle symbols anywhere across the reels. All free spins come with a 3x
multiplier. How many free spins you get depends on the number of water bottle
symbols you land across the reels.
- 3 water bottle symbols give you 10 free spins.
- 4 water bottle symbols give you 20 free spins.
- 5 water bottle symbols give you 100 free spins.
- Goal Kick Bonus: The Goal Kick bonus game kicks off when you land 3, 4, or 5 Aussie Rules ball symbol anywhere across the rules. When this happens, a fresh screen loads and you need to hit the Kick button to get the player to launch a goal kick. Based on the accuracy of the kick you get bonus credits.
Diamonds Down Under
Diamond mining and the tough life in the outback is a part and parcel of Australian culture today. Diamonds Down Under is a 5-reel video slot from Rival Gaming that comes with 15 paylines and is based on diamond mining in Australia.
- Coin size: The coin size ranges from a minimum of 0.01 to a maximum of 1.00.
- Number of coins per line: Maximum coins that can be bet per line are 5.
- Maximum bet: You can bet a maximum of 75 per spin.
- Wild: The wild symbol in Diamonds Down Under is the pick axe. The wild symbol replaces all other symbols except the scatter and bonus symbols. The wild symbol also triggers the maximum prize during a regular spin - 5000 coins - if 5 of these symbols land consecutively across the reels.
- Scatter: The scatter symbol in this game is the aboriginal elder. The scatter symbol helps trigger free spins.
- Other symbols: Other symbols in this game include the map bonus symbol, the boomerang, the mine entrance, a kangaroo, a kangaroo signage, diamonds, an Australian outbacker, a koala, a crocodile, a can of beer, and a lizard.
- Free spins: The free spins bonus is triggered when you land a minimum of 3
scatter symbols anywhere across the reels. The number of free spins you get
depends on how many scatter symbols you land across the reels.
- 3 scatter symbols: 10 free spins
- 4 scatter symbols: 20 free spins
- 5 scatter symbols: 100 free spins
- Diamond Mine Bonus: The diamond mine bonus is triggered when you land a minimum of 3 map bonus symbols anywhere across the reels. During this round a fresh screen appears with a map on it with 7 spots marked across it. You have to choose the spots on the map to dig for diamonds. You get coins for each successful dig. How many spots you get to choose on the map depends on the number of bonus symbols you land across the reels.
If you are a fan of classic slots with an Aussie theme, Gold Coast is the game to check out. Gold Coast is a Vegas-style slot from Microgaming that has 3 reels and 5 paylines. The game is simple to play and gives cool wins at frequent intervals.
- Maximum number of coins per line: You are allowed to bet a maximum of 1 coin per line.
- Coin size: The coin size in this game ranges between 0.25 and 20.
- Maximum bet: The maximum bet in this game is 100.
- Wild: The Gold Coast logo is the wild symbol in this game. This symbol replaces other symbols to help you put together winning combinations.
- Scatter: There are no scatter symbols in this game.
- Other symbols: Other symbols in this game include the number 7, 3 variations of the Bar symbol - 1-Bar, 2-Bar, and 3-Bar, and the flower symbol.
Large tracts of central Australia have typical red sand. Here you will find many camping sites for overseas tourists that visit to experience this unique natural phenomenon. Red Sands online pokie from Realtime Gaming takes its name from this Australian wonder. The pokie machine has 5 reels, 3 rows and 20 adjustable paylines. The reels are set in the background of a red desert and the graphics have a tinge of Aboriginal art.
- Number of coins per line: You wager 1 coin per line by default.
- Coin size: The coin size ranges between 0.01 and 0.25.
- Maximum bet: The maximum bet per spin in Red Sands is only 5.
- Wild: The iconic kangaroo is a wild symbol. It substitutes for all symbols except the scatter symbol and doubles payouts when helping to create winning combinations. Kangaroo symbols also award line payouts from even one symbol appearing on the first reel. Five kangaroo symbols on an active payline award the top prize of 5,000 coins.
- Scatter: The moonscape is the scatter symbol. It awards payouts multiplied by the total bet when aligned left to right or right to left starting from two symbol combinations. Five scatter symbols pay 50 coins. The symbol also triggers the Respin feature.
- Other symbols: The high paying symbols are unique Australian animals like echidna, wombat and koala. The low paying symbols are the numbers 10, J, Q, K, and A, decorated with native art.
- Respin Feature: Two or more moonscape symbols aligned from left to right or right to left trigger the Respin Feature. The reels with the moonscape symbols are held fixed while the remaining reels spin again up to 10 times. Only scatter payouts are awarded in the respins. The scatter symbols will pay when appearing anywhere on the reels and the kangaroo wild symbol will substitute for the scatter symbol in the Respin Feature.
- Progressive Jackpot: Red Sands online pokie has a progressive jackpot that can be triggered randomly after any spin.
Australia has many monikers and Kangaroo Land is one of them. The kangaroo is the first icon anyone would associate with Australia. In Kangaroo Land online pokie you will learn about some facets of Australia while you enjoy the gaming. Kangaroo Land has the standard 5 reels and 3 rows structure. You can play with 1, 5, 10, 15 or 20 paylines activated. Look out for some win animations, especially the leaping kangaroo in the wild symbol.
- Number of coins per line: You wager 1, 2, 5, 10 or 20 coins per line.
- Coin size: The coin size is fixed at 1 credit.
- Maximum bet: The maximum bet per spin in Kangaroo Land is 400 credits.
- Wild: The kangaroo is a wild symbol. It substitutes for all symbols except the scatter symbol. It appears only on reels 2, 3 and 4. But it makes up for this by appearing stacked on these reels. The kangaroo symbol does not award any line payouts.
- Scatter: The boomerang is the scatter symbol. It awards payouts multiplied by the total bet when three or more appear anywhere on the reels. Five scatter symbols pay 2000 coins. The symbol also triggers the free spins feature.
- Other symbols: The high paying symbols are Aboriginal man and woman and Australian fauna like koala bear, ostrich, cockatoo and platypus. The low paying symbols are the numbers 10, J, Q, K, and A crafted in native art style. The highest line payout is 1000 coins for five Aboriginal man symbols.
- Free Spins: Three or more scatter boomerang symbols appearing anywhere on the reels trigger 15 free spins. If you land a full stack of wild symbols on any reel, that reel will be held fixed and you get a free respin of the remaining reels. More wild stacks in a respin award another free respin. The feature can be retriggered by landing three or more scatter symbols in any free spin or respin. An alternate set of reels is used in the free spins.
- Gamble:You have the option to gamble any win less than the specified amount. You select Red or Black for the next card. If your guess is right then the staked amount is doubled. Otherwise you lose the staked amount. You can continuously Gamble for up to five times.
- Progressive Jackpot: Kangaroo Land is networked to the four tier EGT Jackpot Cards progressive jackpot. Each level is indicated by a suit. The bonus game may be randomly triggered after any spin. Once you match three icons of the same suit, you win the amount standing in that jackpot tier.