We list the best online casinos in Australia that accept deposits using a Mastercard credit or debit card.Credit cards are among the most popular payment methods at online casinos worldwide and one of the most commonly used credit cards is MasterCard. It is safe to say that you will find the MasterCard logo at every online casino that accepts Australian players. There are many reasons for MasterCard's popularity, including instant deposits, complete security, quick access and ease of use. You can use a MasterCard credit card literally anywhere: from online websites to retail physical points of sale.
MasterCard is a global financial services provider based out of the USA that has a range of financial products including an international credit cards and a range of debit cards. The company is based out of Purchase, New York and its financial products are issued by financial institutions across the world, including banks and other such organizations. It is driven by the objective of making payments easy for users and uses innovation to develop products that fit well across countries, societies and cultures.
There are three major card types from MasterCard:
Today, more than 25 million companies across 210 countries use MasterCard. The credit card is hugely popular because it gives you instant access to money even if you don't have the amount you require in your bank account. You can make a deposit anytime, anywhere, with a MasterCard. Of course, it is offered like a loan, which means the money has to be repaid, after 30 days or in instalments for which there will be interest charged.
Top MasterCard Casinos for Australian Players
$1,000 Match Bonus + 100 Free SpinsNot AcceptedMake Mastercard secure deposits
- Get $1000 Match Package
€1,500 Match Bonus + 150 Free SpinsNot AcceptedNothing could be simpler than depositing with your Mastercard.
$1,400 Match BonusNot Accepted
How to Get a MasterCard Credit Card
The MasterCard credit card is very easy to use. Of course, you must first apply for a MasterCard credit card. You apply and get a MasterCard credit card from any of the following:
A number of major banks have partnered with MasterCard to issue the MasterCard credit card to their customers.
A number of e-wallets issue a MasterCard credit card to clients, which they can then use to fund their e-wallet.
A number of prepaid card companies are partners with MasterCard.
Large retailers and shopping chains
A number of these have partnered with MasterCard and are allowed to offer MasterCard credit cards to their customers.
Apart from all these options you have one more option to consider: the MasterCard website. This could actually be the best option given the range of cards MasterCard has.
All you have to do is browse through the list, pick the card you prefer, and apply online. Here is how you can do this:
- Visit the MasterCard website and click the Get a Credit Card button on the landing page.
- On the subsequent screen, click the down arrow on the field Select a Card Category. You will get a dropdown of card categories to pick from:
Travel & Airline
No Annual Fee
No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Once you select an option, you will find a list of cards available with the basic information for each provided right along with the option, including details like:
Credit needed to get the card
Annual fee applicable
Bonuses available for using the card
Interest for balance transfers
- All you have to do now is click the Apply Online button.
Once you click the Apply Online button you are transferred to the website of the financial institution offering the card. You will then need to fill out the form provided, click the Review Your Information button and then fill in any more details on the subsequent screens to complete the application.
Once you apply, the issuing financial institution will check up on your financial condition and credit history. The first step to get that card, therefore, is to ensure you have good credit history. Once you have cleared that step, the other factors come into play. Your monthly income and the sum of your existing monthly credit dues will play a role in determining the credit limit for your MasterCard credit card. Of course, once you get a MasterCard credit card and ensure you make your payments to the card on time, your credit limit will get topped from time to time as a loyalty reward.
Where to Use a MasterCard Credit Card
As mentioned right at the beginning, you can use a MasterCard credit card literally anywhere. When it comes to the online casino industry too that is exactly the case. Almost every online casino that you come across accepts MasterCard credit cards. Of course, most accept them only for deposits, while there are some that allow you to make deposits and withdrawals.
Once you get a physical MasterCard credit card, you can use it for all your shopping, purchases and payment of bills and utilities. The virtual card can be used at online casinos and at websites that support online transactions.
Advantages of Using MasterCard
MasterCard is one of the most popular credit cards at online casinos across the world because of the huge advantages it offers users.
We list the major advantages of using MasterCard below.
- Ease of use: The biggest advantage of using a MasterCard credit card is that it is easy to use. The process itself is simple.
- Instant deposits: Deposits made using a MasterCard credit card reach your online casino account instantly. That is another major advantage that draws players into using this credit card for deposits.
- Access to money: The best thing about using the MasterCard credit card is that it gives you access to funds instantly, even if you do not have enough money in your bank account. Unlike, say, a debit card, you can use the money from the credit limit that MasterCard offers you when you take the card. The only thing to keep in mind is back the money needs to be paid back, in time.
- Ease of return: While you do have to return the money you used out of your MasterCard credit limit, you get different ways in which you can do so. You can pay the entire money back at one go so your credit limit is intact and you don't have any outstanding debt. Another option is to pay back on a monthly basis. This is a great option if the amount to be paid back is high as an instalment-based return each month will not burn a hole in your pocket.
- Access to discounts and freebies: When you use MasterCard at any shopping outlet, be it a departmental store or gas station or any such place, you will get loyalty points and freebies for using the card. You can then redeem these points for gifts later. Some sellers also offer insurance against loss when you pay with MasterCard.
- Complete security: MasterCard credit cards offer a completely secure payment experience. The use of sophisticated encryption technologies like SSL encryption ensures that your payments are safe.
- Global usage: MasterCard is a globally used and respected credit card company. This means that you can use a MasterCard credit card anywhere across the world. Regardless of which part of the world you are from, you can use a MasterCard credit card to make deposits and withdrawals at an online casino.
- Multi-currency support: MasterCard supports payments in multiple currencies. That is also another big draw as you are no longer restricted to transactions in US Dollars.
Are there any disadvantages to using MasterCard? Well the disadvantage, if any, would be from the point of view of using a credit card itself, not specifically MasterCard. For starters, it is money that is not in your bank account - almost like using money that is loaned to you. There is the propensity to therefore use it to the maximum, and then have nightmares about the fact that your card limit is exhausted. A very strong possibility is gambling addiction or other such gambling-related problems as you try to recover the money you have used up so you can easily pay back to MasterCard.
The second disadvantage is that it is not free money. You will need to pay it back. And payback comes with interest. It can be especially taxing if you are planning to pay back in instalments, as the interest rate would ensure you end up paying higher than the actual amount you used up.
How to Make an Online Casino Deposit with MasterCard
Now that we have gone through the different aspects of using MasterCard to deposit funds into your casino account, let us discuss how you actually do it. The steps are simple and easy and listed below:
- Sign up with or sign in to the casino.
- Visit the Banking or Cashier section and click Deposits.
- From the list of payment methods available, click MasterCard.
- On the subsequent screen, enter your 16-digit MasterCard number and your name. The name you enter should exactly match the name on your card.
- Enter the other details required, including:
The expiration date for your card.
The 3-digit Card Verification Value (CVV) code, also called the Card Verification Code (CVC). This can be found at the back of the card.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit. Sometimes you may be sent a One Time Password (OTP) to your registered phone; you will have to enter that number to authenticate the transaction.
- Check the details once and then confirm the payment.
The money gets deposited into your casino account instantly. The withdrawal process is the same as the deposit process, except that you will need to provide additional documents for proof and verification of identity. The withdrawal process is elaborate at all casinos and therefore MasterCard withdrawals can take anywhere between 3 to 5 days; at some casinos it may take longer. Also, there will be a surcharge in the form of a transaction fee for using MasterCard, usually 2% to 3% of the amount.
Brief History of MasterCard
MasterCard was founded in 1966 by a group of banks in the USA as the Interbank Card Association (ICA). Its first product in 1969 was the Master Charge card, and that was also the year when it obtained copyrights for its trademark and logo. The Master Charge card was rebranded MasterCard in 1979.
Over the years, it has achieved many significant milestones; we list a few of these below.
The Interbank Card Association (ICA) was launched by a group of American banks.
The ICA launches its first product, the Master Charge card and gets its trademark and logo.
Master Charge is rebranded MasterCard.
MasterCard introduces the laser hologram on the card for the first time and launches the first business card.
MasterCard launches Maestro in partnership with Europay International. Maestro is thus the first debit program in the world.
MasterCard merges with Europay and becomes a private share corporation.
MasterCard starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
MasterCard introduces MasterpassTM and establishes HomeSend as a joint venture with eServGlobal and Bics. It acquires a number of services during this period, including, among others:
- ElectraCard Services (ECS)
MasterCard introduces enhanced MasterpassTM
The evolution of MasterCard as a global payments giant has worked wonders for the online casino industry, as it means players and operators have one surefire payment option they can bank on to conduct all their transactions.