Visa is a globally used payment processor that has a presence in more than 200 countries worldwide. It first started off as BankAmericard in 1958. Visa has a whole range of cards for people to use based on their need. They are all safe, reliable and guarantee instant deposits. Withdrawals with Visa are secure too, though they take a little while to reach your bank account from your casino account.
One more thing to know about using Visa cards: you can use them freely from most countries. One country where using Visa to fund your online casino account is the USA. The passing of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) in 2006 caused that to happen, as the law looked stringently at banks and other financial institutions processing payments related to online casino gambling.
Top Visa Casinos for Australian Players
How to Get a Visa Credit Card
Visa credit cards are extremely popular among players across the world. You get different kinds of card products from Visa. These include:
Credit cards: There are 31 credit cards available from Visa currently.
Debit cards: There are 18 Visa debit cards currently.
Gift cards: Visa has 6 gift cards that you can pick from.
Prepaid cards: Visa has a stunning range of 31 prepaid cards.
If you are a high roller you can also use a business account to conduct your business at the casino, be it an online casino or a land-based one.
To use A Visa card, the first step is to get yourself one. In this section we will discuss how to get a Visa credit card. You can get a Visa credit card from multiple providers:
Most of the major banks offer Visa cards to their customers because of their association and partnership with Visa. From banks you get Visa credit cards on application. However; a Visa debit card is usually bundled along with your regular bank account at such a bank.
Some of the major e-wallets offer players a Visa card that they can use to deposit funds into their e-wallet.
Directly at the Visa website
The best option is to check and apply for a Visa credit card directly at their website. You will be spoiled for choice there, given that there are 31 credit cards to choose from.
Applying for a Visa credit card at the Visa website is a very simple and easy process. You can do this in the following easy steps:
- Visit the Visa website. Once you are there, click the Find a Card button.
- The resulting screen shows you the 4 major types of cards that Visa offers.
- Since you are looking for a credit card, click the Browse Credit Card button.
- You will get a screen that shows each of the 31 credit cards available, along with basic information about each card, including details like:
Introductory Purchase APR
Regular Purchase APR
Introductory Balance Transfer APR
- For each card you get 2 buttons to choose from:
Compare: This button gives you a comparison of the card with other Visa products.
Apply: This is the button to click to apply for that specific Visa credit card.
- Once you click Apply, you get a fresh screen where you fill out all your required personal information on the form provided.
- Once you have filled the form click the relevant button to complete the application process.
Visa then processes your application. The company will grant you the credit card or reject your application based on a number of factors including:
- Monthly income
- Monthly credit dues
- Credit history
The credit limit set on your card also depends on your monthly income and credit liabilities.
Where to Use a Visa Credit Card
You can use a Visa credit card practically anywhere. That is how popular this payment option is globally. You can use a Visa credit card when you shop online and also at physical points of sale, i.e. departmental stores, theaters, music outlets, retail outlets, educational institutions and more. And if you are looking to play at an online casino a Visa credit card may be the best option to consider for depositing funds into your casino account.
At physical locations you can shop with the Visa plastic card. When you are shopping or using the card online you can use the virtual Visa card or use the credentials of your physical Visa credit card to make online payments.
Advantages of Using Visa
Visa cards offer numerous advantages to users. This is irrespective of where you are using it: at an online casino, a retail outlet, an online shopping portal or anywhere for that matter.
The following are some of the major benefits that a Visa credit card offers.
- It is easy to use. Using a Visa card is extremely simple: you just enter the card details and authenticate the transaction.
- It is secure. All Visa credit cards guarantee secure transactions. This is thanks to the latest digital security technology that is used to protect your money, including SSL encryption.
- You get instant access to ready money. A Visa credit card gives you instant access to money even if you are running low in your bank account. This means your casino gambling is no longer only when you have money in your bank account. You can fund your casino account with your Visa credit card.
- You can make instant deposits. When it comes to online casino gambling, depositing with a Visa credit card is just perfect because the funds get deposited in your account instantly.
- Returning the money used is easy. You can return the money you have used from your Visa credit card in easy instalments each month. That way, you are able to spend reasonably big amounts without the burden of instant returns that would otherwise burn a sizeable hole in your wallet.
- You can use it anywhere. Visa is a global payment giant, which means you can use your Visa credit card literally anywhere. It doesn't matter which country you are from; you can use your Visa credit card. The only restriction to watch out for is when you are using it to fund your casino account; you must ensure that your country is okay with making online casino payments using a Visa credit card.
- It supports payment in multiple currencies. You do not have to pay solely in US Dollars when using a Visa credit card. This is because Visa has multi-currency capabilities that allows it to process payments in 21 different currencies from across the world.
Of course, there are the standard disadvantages associated with using a Visa credit card. The operational term here is 'credit card' and not Visa, though. As it is a credit card you are using, the reality is that you will be using money that is effectively not yours, which means you will need to pay it back. Paying back becomes an expensive affair because of the interest charged.
A bigger problem is the possibility of gambling addiction. This is because you are not spending your own money and the natural tendency for many may be to play hard and look to make big bets to recover monies lost. The inherent danger in doing that is that you would most likely dig a bigger hole to fall into.
How to Make an Online Casino Deposit with a Visa Credit Card
Making a deposit into your casino account with a Visa credit card is simple and can be done by following the steps listed below.
- Sign up or log in to the casino.
- Visit the Banking or Cashier section.
- Click the Deposit option.
- Choose Visa credit card from the list of payment methods displayed.
- Enter the 16-digit card number and your name. Ensure that the name you enter spells exactly like your name on the Visa credit card.
- Once you have entered these details, enter the other details asked for. These include:
Your card's expiry date.
The CVV number. This is a 3-digit code that you will find on the back of your Visa credit card.
- Next, enter the amount you want to deposit into your casino account. You will most likely get an authentication code on your registered phone. Enter the authentication code - this is usually a 6 digit number of alphanumeric key - in the space provided on the website.
- Check the details one final time and then click Ok to confirm the payment. The money gets credited into your casino account instantly.
You can also use your Visa credit card to withdraw your winnings from your casino account. The process is the same as for depositing funds, except that you start off by clicking the Withdrawal tab instead of Deposits. There is a transaction fee for all Visa credit card transaction fees, though. This amount is usually a dollar value, e.g. $2, or a percentage of the deposit amount, usually 2% to 4%.
Brief History of Visa
From the time of its launch in 1958, Visa has traveled a long, happy and successful journey to be one of the leading players in the payments industry.
The following is a brief timeline of its journey so far.
Bank of America launches the BankAmericard, the first consumer credit card program for middle-class users and also small and medium businesses. This was the first card with the 'revolving credit' feature and had a credit limit of $300.
The company is incorporated in Delaware as National BankAmericard Inc.
The first electronic authorization system is launched by BankAmericard.
The International BankAmericard Company is launched.
The first debit card is launched.
BankAmericard is rebranded to Visa.
Visa launches multi-currency clearing and settlement covering 21 currencies.
Visa touches $1 trillion in payment volume.
The number of Visa cards reaches 1 billion.
Visa reshapes itself to Visa Inc.
Visa launches the mobile platform.
Visa Inc. acquires Visa Europe.