All online casinos in Australia wants to grow its customer base. An important tool for winning over customers and gaining their loyalty is the casino loyalty program (also referred to as a "VIP program" or "Rewards Program").
To achieve this goal, the casino uses bonuses and freebies as a means of achieving this objective. New players get exciting welcome bonuses, and existing players get a range of bonuses and promotions, clubbed together in the form of a loyalty program.
Let us explain to you what a loyalty program is, the types of loyalty programs available, and why it is to your benefit to take advantage of them.
What Is An Online Casino Loyalty Program?
A loyalty program is a strategy that online casinos employ to ensure players do not drop off, and they do this by offering them bonuses and other perks in appreciation of their loyalty. The origin is way earlier, however; this was a strategy that land-based casinos employed to reward high spenders, by giving them complimentary offers, colloquially referred to as 'comps'.
There is a difference, though:
in the land-based casinos the comps were available to big spenders that the casinos identified through their spending patterns. At an online casino, the loyalty program is available to anyone who can be considered a regular real money casino player - you don’t have to bet big to get access to a loyalty program, betting often enough is the key.
Types of Loyalty Programs
There are 2 major kinds of loyalty programs: a generic loyalty program and a VIP program.
Generic Loyalty Program
This is a loyalty program wherein the casino rewards players with loyalty points – also called comp points – for placing real money wagers, usually 1 loyalty point each time they wager a specific amount wagered. The loyalty points get accumulated in the player’s account as he continues to wager and play. When he has a certain number of loyalty points in his kitty he is permitted to redeem them, either for cash bonuses or other freebies.
Some casinos also allow you to redeem them for bonuses that they offer. A good example is the program offered by Raging Bull Casino, a fantastic online and mobile casino that is popular among Australian players. At the Raging Bull Casino you get comp points the moment you sign up with the casino and place real money wagers. You can get cash back by redeeming these points once you have accumulated a certain number.
This kind of a loyalty program is available to all real money players at most casinos. The casinos advertise the presence of such a loyalty program and the availability of comp points directly on their website, either on the landing page or on the promotions page. Some casinos advertise this directly on the landing page or have a VIP tab, while others provide you this information once you have signed up for real money play and logged in.
VIP Loyalty Program
The term 'loyalty' may sound politically incorrect; that is why most online casinos use a word that sounds much better, elitist even, but delivers the same intent and rewards - a VIP program.
The VIP program is a loyalty program at a slightly higher level. It is not just redeemable points that you get through this program; you get a range of other bonuses and benefits as well in appreciation of your time and money.
This program is usually a multi-tiered program that you enter at the entry level. The levels have fancy names, usually designed to suit the theme of the casino itself. The more you play, the more points you collect and higher up the levels you go, because each time you reach a certain number of points the next level gets unlocked. And your bonuses and benefits increase with each level-up that you achieve.
A good example to consider is PlayAmo Casino. This casino has a 10-level VIP program that is open to players. You start at the lowest level when you sign up, and work your way up as you play more and bet more and thereby collect more comp points. The levels have cool names and you get a special reward each time you unlock a new level.
- Level 1 - Amateur: This is the beginner level and you are assigned to it the moment you begin real money play. The CPs for this level are 1 to 49 points and the reward is access to the VIP program.
- Level 2 - Rookie: 50 CPs to get here, and you get 15 free spins on Platinum Lightning.
- Level 3 - Intermediate: 200 CPs to get here. You get 50 free spins on Platinum Lightning.
- Level 4 - Pro: 600 CPs to unlock this level. You get 150 free spins on Lucky Lady’s Clover.
- Level 5 - Star: 1500 CPs to unlock this level. You get 125 free spins each on 2 slots – Aztec Magic and Hawaii Cocktails.
- Level 6 - Superstar: 4000 CPs to unlock this level. You get €50 credited to your casino account.
- Level 7 - VIP: 15,000 CPs to unlock this level. You get €200 in your casino account.
- Level 8 - Diamond: 200,000 CPS to unlock this level. You get €1000 in your casino account.
- Level 9 - Royal: 750,000 CPs to unlock this level. You get €10,000 in your casino account.
- Level 10 - Godlike: 5,000,000 CPs to unlock this level. This level has the ultimate prize for anyone who can unlock it – a Ferrari 488 GTB supercar.
Getting Access to a VIP Loyalty Program
While the common methodology is the same - you have to play often enough to be able to be part of a casino’s VIP loyalty program – the approach that casinos take varies.
At some casinos you get access to the VIP program the moment you sign up with the casino for real money play and make your first deposit. These are usually casinos that are new and offer immediate VIP enrolment as incentive to new players, along with the other perks like no deposit bonuses and welcome bonuses. This is how it usually works out at these casinos:
- The player signs up with the casino and makes his first deposit.
- The casino offers a bunch of loyalty points along with the regular welcome bonus on the first deposit.
- These become the eligibility criteria for granting him access to the VIP loyalty program.
The above scenario doesn’t apply to all online casinos, however.
Many casinos, however, believe in keeping the VIP program as exclusive as they can. And that is why these casinos offer VIP membership at their discretion. The casinos monitors a player’s playing pattern and take the step to offer VIP membership once they are assured that the player is playing frequently enough and spending enough in doing so. This can happen 2 ways:
- The casino may contact the player directly and offer membership to the VIP loyalty program.
- The player may e-mail the support team requesting access to the casino’s VIP program. A classic example is True Blue Casino, which offers over 200 high quality RTG games to its players. Once you sign up for real money play and start wagering, you will need to send an e-mail to the casino to request for VIP membership.
What Are the Benefits of Online Casino Loyalty Programs?
A multi-tiered VIP loyalty program provides players with a whole range of benefits. The higher up the levels you go the bigger, better and higher the bonuses get. The following are some of the bonuses and perks you get as a member of a VIP program or club:
Exclusive VIP welcome bonuses
Higher value of bonuses and promotions
Exclusive bonuses and promotions
Entry to exclusive tournaments
Higher deposit and withdrawal limits
Faster cashout times
Higher comp point conversion rates
Special and exclusive holiday packages
Special gifts and freebies on special days like a player's birthday or anniversary
Cash bonuses and promotions
Custom bonus packages
Personal VIP Account Manager
The Importance of VIP Loyalty Programs and Why You Should Pay Attention to Them
The importance of VIP loyalty programs is apparent: you get bigger and better bonuses than you would as a regular player. The difference becomes apparent as you progress to the higher levels. The opportunities and bonuses that open up for you are almost incredible at some casinos.
Imagine having a personal VIP account manager; it means you have one dedicated person to take care of all things related to the loyalty programs for you, and this comes at no additional cost! You can then just concentrate on placing your wager, playing and winning.
The other bonuses available at a higher level of the casino’s program are equally lucrative: access to special VIP events, access to special sports or entertainment events, exclusive bonuses – these are offered to you exclusively. And there is more, you get access to exclusive tournaments that are open only to VIP members.