Since 1998, PayPal has been known as the world's leading e-wallet, offering one of the most accessible and efficient services by any online payment method in the world. Many online casinos have adopted PayPal as one of their primary methods, not only because the platform allows for fast deposits and withdrawals, but also because it is extremely popular among online casino players just like you.
On this page you'll be able to find out everything you need to know about PayPal, from how to make an account, the benefits of using the platform, and the additional fees you might incur, to the top alternatives to PayPal that players are using right now.
The Top PayPal Online Casinos in Australia 2021
PayPal Online Casinos Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Yes, Australians can use PayPal. Australia ranks fifth on the list of countries that use PayPal the most out of all 220 countries in which the e-wallet can be accessed. Around 4.62% of all Australians use PayPal, with the figure increasing year on year.
Learn how to set up your own PayPal account by reading our section on How to Use PayPal.
Yes, PayPal is safe to use at real money online casinos. PayPal is a reputable company for making payments online with tried and tested security protocols in place to keep your account safe from potential hackers. It is also one of the top payment methods at online casinos for those who want to limit the amount of sensitive details handed over to online casinos that host PayPal.
PayPal acts as an intermediary between your bank account and any product or service you want to purchase online. All you have to do is register an account, fund your account (through either a credit card or your bank account), and you will be able to make real money transactions online. For more information, check out our section on How to Use PayPal.
PayPal offers instant deposits and withdrawals. This means that your payments will be transacted within minutes after you verify the transaction. However, this does not override the processing periods put in place by your online casino, which depends entirely on your casino's policy.
For more information on the typical policies set in place at online casinos, check out our page on Online Casino Banking Methods for Australians.
No, PayPal does not work at all online casinos. Only select online casinos will allow you to make deposits and withdrawals using PayPal, depending on whether or not the casino hosts the platform.
Yes, there are many banking methods similar to PayPal. PayPal is an e-wallet that allows you to transfer money directly from your credit card or bank account to make purchases online. Other, similar e-wallets available to use at Australian online casinos include UPayCard and EZeeWallet.
For more information about the available payment methods available at Australian online casinos, check out our page on Online Casino Banking Methods for Australians.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a leading e-wallet that allows you to transfer funds from your bank account online. Being the most popular and famous e-wallet in the world, PayPal is widely available to use in hundreds of countries worldwide. Its application in the online casino industry is widespread, and we'll teach you exactly how to use it right here.
Facts About PayPal
- PayPal is available in up to 202 different countries.
- You can withdraw your money in 56 currencies.
- PayPal has over 203 million active users.
- Over 768,745 websites allow you to use PayPal.
- PayPal was co-founded by Tesla CEO, Elon Musk.
- PayPal is partnered with many famous companies, including:
- 4.62% of all Australians use PayPal
- 18% of all e-commerce goes through PayPal.
How to Use PayPal
If you've never used PayPal before, we'll walk you through how to get started. Getting started is very easy - all you have to do is create a new PayPal account. Once you have successfully created your account and verified it with your email address and mobile phone number, you will be able to make online transactions using PayPal.
Here's how to do it:
The Top Alternatives to PayPal At Online Casinos
While Australians can use PayPal in their jurisdiction, PayPal can only be used at an online casino if you are based in the jurisdiction where the casino is licensed. Sadly, there are no online casinos based in Australia.
However, don't let this deter you. There are plenty of other fantastic alternatives to PayPal that allow you to make real money transactions at offshore based online casinos.
Here are our favourites:
Pros and Cons of PayPal Online Casinos
- Fast Payouts - PayPal offers among the fastest payout times of all banking methods. Deposits and withdrawals are instant, but the time it takes to process your withdrawals will depend on the policy of your online casino.
- Security - PayPal's reputation for safety and security is first-rate. As you may have noticed in our Facts About PayPal section, the e-wallet is used by thousands of companies worldwide, all of whom use it because it guarantees a safe and secure connection between consumers accounts and their business accounts.
- Easy to Use - PayPal is one of the most accessible e-wallets in the world. The process from signing up to paying at any e-commerce website is very easy to learn. For more information, check out our section on How to Use PayPal.
- Withdrawal Fees - Occasionally, when you make deposits and withdrawals using PayPal you may incur a small fee. However, this is not typically the case at online casinos.
- Limited Jurisdictions - PayPal is not available in all jurisdictions. This is because PayPal is jurisdiction based, therefore you can only use PayPal at a UK online casino, for instance, if you too are based in the UK.
Transaction Fees for Using PayPal at Online Casinos
Creating a PayPal account is 100% free. You do not have to pay a monthly or yearly fee and your account will stay active unless you manually deactivate it.
PayPal does, however, charge fees for transactions, which we will go over in this section.
PayPal Deposit Fees
If you use PayPal to make deposits at an online casino, you will not incur any additional costs. Although, you may incur a cost if the transaction you make requires a currency conversion. The fees for currency conversion through PayPal are as follows:
Whenever you convert your balance or receive payments in an foreign currency, you will be charged 3% above the base exchange rate.
In any other instance when you have to convert currency, you will be charged 4% above the base exchange rate.
PayPal Withdrawal Fees
Depending on the type of transaction, you may incur fees when attempting to make a withdrawal using PayPal. These fees also vary depending on your jurisdiction. For Australia, the fees can be explained as follows:
- Bank Transfers - When you withdraw from PayPal directly to your bank account, you tend not to incur any fees.
- Credit Cards - Making a withdrawal using a credit card - on the other hand - may incur a standard flat rate fee of $3.50, plus a fee of 1% of the transferred amount. The flat fee may also fluctuate between $2.50 and $10 depending on the amount you want to withdraw.
We've compiled a nice little piece of information on all things casino banking so you can sit back and choose with confidence!
Stop wasting time on finding minimum deposit casinos. We've compiled a list so you can focus on what's really important - winning!
New online casinos in Australia are known to not only have the most advanced technologies but also the most lucrative bonuses - here's the proof!