Usually the slots covered by this bonus are new slots that the provider has launched, or slots that the casino wants to promote. This bonus is available to new players as well as existing players. There are a number of things that make this bonus so popular:
- It is very easy to access.
- It is completely risk-free as you don’t pay any money to play these spins.
- A percentage of the wins that you score with the free spins becomes a part of your bankroll.
- You get to play some of the hottest slots at the casino in real money mode for free.
- You get to test out the real money mode like a free trial, only you get to keep some of what you win.
On this page we take a look at the different aspects of free spins bonuses that casinos offer:
Different Kinds of Free Spins Bonuses
There are fundamentally 2 different kinds of free spins bonuses:
No Deposit Free Spins
No deposit free spins are hot and among the most popular of all bonuses available at online casinos. No deposit free spins are offered only to new players, as this bonus is given the moment you sign up with the casino. This bonus is available to you even before you make a deposit into your casino account, which is why it is one of the most popular bonuses around.
To use a no deposit free spin bonus all you need to do is register with the casino. Some casinos have a bonus code that you must enter in the given slot to start using the bonus while at others the free spins are credited automatically into your account and you are notified about the same through a pop-up on your computer screen, a mail from customer support, or through live chat initiated by the support team. Casinos also give you the option of skipping the bonus sometimes.
A good example of a no deposit free spin bonus is the one offered at Rich casino. This exciting online casino offers you a cool welcome bonus of 25 free spins the moment you sign up with the casino.
- Sign up with the casino and the bonus gets credited to your casino account.
- Use the free spins to play your favorite slots at this casino.
- There are terms and conditions to be fulfilled, including a 99x wagering requirement.
- The maximum amount you can redeem out of winnings from this bonus is $100.
- To redeem winnings from the free spin bonus you must make a single minimum deposit into your casino account.
We will discuss these terms and conditions in detail in the section titled Free Spins Bonus Rules further down this page.
Deposit Free Spins
These are free spins that are awarded to you once you make a deposit into your casino account. The number of free spins you are awarded depends on the casino you are playing at. The number of free spins are usually large in some of the casinos. The deposit free spins bonus is tagged to the bonus component attached to your first deposit, usually a match bonus.
Some casinos spread the welcome bonus – free spins and deposit bonus – across the first few deposits. In that case the free spins could be:
- Offered on just the first deposit or the last deposit covered by the match bonus.
- Spread across all the deposits that have the match bonus component attached to them.
A good example of a deposit free spins bonus is the one offered at Omni Slots casino. This casino gives you a cool welcome bonus package of up to €/$500 and 70 free spins on your first 2 deposits:
- 1st deposit: 100% match bonus up to €/$300 and 50 free spins on Starburst with bonus code 50FREE.
- 2nd deposit: 50% match bonus up to €/$200 and 20 free spins on Theme Park with bonus code WELCOME2.
This welcome bonus too comes with its own terms and conditions. There are wagering requirements that you will have to fulfill to redeem winnings from this bonus. The wagering requirements may vary for the match bonus and free spins components; this depends on the casino you are playing at. Unlike in the case of no deposit free spins, however, there is no maximum cashout limit on winnings from this bonus, as this is not a free bonus; you are depositing your own money to use it.
Receive free spins upon first deposit at
Deposit free spins are available for:
- New players: The free spins are available once you make your first casino deposit. Once you make your deposit the casino informs you about the bonus and you have the option of using it or skipping it. For the latter you would need to inform the casino first. You cannot use both the components – the match deposit and the free spins – simultaneously.
- Existing players: As an existing player you will regularly receive the casino’s newsletter, and the newsletter usually carries information about the availability of different bonuses including the deposit free spins bonus. You will find this information in the form of ads on the casino’s website as well. You must sign in and deposit funds to avail this bonus. You may need to get in touch with the support team of the casino to learn more about the bonus and get it activated.
Rules Governing Free Spins Bonuses
While casinos offer bonuses as incentives to get players to sign up and stay with them, it is important for them to ensure that they do not incur losses because of the bonuses they offer. That is why every bonus at the casino comes with its own terms and conditions; these are incorporated to protect the casino and ensure there is no bonus fraud. There are terms and conditions attached to the free spins bonuses too. In this section we will discuss the different rules governing this cool bonus.
The following are the important terms and conditions associated with the free spins bonus:
- One bonus at a time: You can redeem only one bonus at a time. This applies especially for the free spins tagged to a match deposit welcome bonus; the casino usually specifies which of the two you can use first and you will need to follow the order specified.
- Non-transferability: The free spins bonus cannot be transferred. This means if you have received the free spins bonus in your casino account, you cannot transfer it to another person’s account.
- Mandatory registration: This bonus is available only to players who have registered with the casino. In the casino of the deposit free spins bonus players must also deposit the minimum required amount to be able to use this bonus.
- Wagering requirements: Every bonus comes with wagering requirements – you need to wager the bonus amount a pre-specific number of times to be able to redeem winnings from it. In some casinos the wagering requirements include both the bonus and deposit amounts. In the case of the free spins bonus it is usually the winnings from the bonus.
The wagering requirements are usually higher for the no deposits free spins bonus than for the deposit free spins bonus. For example, the wagering requirement for the no deposit free spins at Rich casino is 75x the winnings, while for the deposit free spins bonus at Omni Slots casino it is 35x the winnings.
- Maximum capped amount: This condition is usually associated with the no deposit free spins bonus. The casino puts a cap on the maximum amount you can redeem out of the winnings earned through this bonus. Any amount over the maximum capped amount is not usable at the casino.
- Eligible games: Most casinos specify the slot or list of slots that are eligible to be covered by the free spins bonus. You cannot use the bonus to play any other slot than the ones mentioned. Failure to do so will result in penalties, up to and including suspension or termination of your casino account.
- Minimum deposit: This condition also applies specifically to the no deposit free spins bonus. You have to have made at least one deposit into your casino account – usually the minimum deposit amount – to be able to redeem the maximum capped amount of the winnings from this bonus.
So what happens if you do not follow the rules or fulfil the terms and conditions associated with the free spin bonus? There are penalties you will likely have to face. These include, among others:
- Forfeiture of any winnings earned from the bonus.
- Unavailability of the bonus any further.
- Suspension or termination of your casino account.
- Earning the label of bonus abuser, which can have serious consequences including being barred from playing at the casino any further.
Free Spins Bonus FAQs
Here are a few FAQs relating to the free spins bonus.
Do I have to register to get my no deposit free spins?
Yes, you have to register to get any of the bonuses offered at online casinos.
How can I access the free spins bonus at a casino?
You need to check with the casino you are playing at for this, and it depends mostly on whether this is a deposit or no deposit free spins bonus. You also need to check if there is a bonus code to use. The best option is to get in touch with the casino’s support team.
Can I withdraw my winnings without getting through the whole wagering requirements?
It is mandatory to get through the wagering requirements before redeeming winnings from your free spins bonus. If it is a no deposit free spins bonus there will be a cap on the maximum amount you can withdraw from your winnings. Also, there is a fixed time period within which you need to complete the wagering requirements.
Some casinos may permit withdrawal without completion of wagering requirements but there will be a fee to be paid to them. You will need to check extensively with the casino administration and support team regarding this.
Am I allowed to cash out my free spins?
Cashing out of free spins is not permitted. You must use them as they are offered and follow the terms and conditions associated with them.
What do I do if I do not win anything with my free spins bonus?
That is not something that is commonplace, but in the event that such a situation arises there is nothing much you can do. All you can do is look forward to playing with the other bonuses that the casino offers and hope to pick up some wins from them.